SIMPLE SPRING LAWN CARE
The mark of a good, well manicured garden is an emerald green lawn framing the flower beds.
Spring is the time to start with a solid lawn care programme to ensure optimum results through the
rest of the growing season.
– Scarify to remove matted or dead grass (thatch) on deep rooted grasses like kikuyu and
– Aerate with spiked roller or garden fork if soil is hard
– Apply lawn dressing to level out hollows and depressions on the surface
– Fertilise with 2:3:2 general purpose garden fertiliser
– Apply lime in areas with acid soil conditions
– Water immediately after fertilising
– Continue fertiliser application regularly through the growing season at 4 to 6 week intervals – use 3:2:1 slow release nitrogen at this stage
– Mow regularly – never cut off more than one third of the length of a leaf blade at any one
– Treat broad leaf weeds with a selective herbicide