Primula acaulis or primrose plants in full bloom during winter are the epitome of a well loved garden. They bring a certain charm and eloquence to the whole scene and are a constant reminder that spring is just around the corner. The sweetly scented flowers are clustered in the centre of a rosette of lush green leaves. Although they are technically perennials primroses battle to survive the summer heat and are best re-planted each winter season. The earlier you plant out young plants the longer they will last in your garden.
Available in Blackwood’s own super packs of 4 individual 9 cm potted plants in a carry tray with a handle. Mixed colours can be sorted into individual separate shades.
- Plant in light to moderate shaded positions
- Prefer rich loamy acidic soils
- Feed every 10 to 14 days with water soluble plant food (3:1:6 formula)
- Cold and frost resistant
- Dead head spent flowers regularly
- Beware of snails and slugs in early spring
- Space plants 15 to 20 cm apart
- Good for shady flower beds
- Under plant amongst azaleas and hydrangeas
- Use in pots individually or mass in a shallow bowl
- Can be used indoors for winter colour for short periods only
- Ideal table decorations